Advanced Paralegal Program: Leadership
Earn the Expert Paralegal Certification & On-line College Credits
An effective leader is one who helps group members attain productivity, including high quality and customer satisfaction, as well as job satisfaction. Some say that leaders are born and others believe that leaders are made. Today more than ever before organizations want to hire individuals that understand that leadership is more than knowing how to delegate and manage when things are going smoothly but how to manage during times of crisis and uncertainty as well as how to communicate and interact with clients effectively. This program trains paralegals to become leaders by focusing on pertinent leadership skills.
When you hear the term “Customer Service” what comes to mind? Many people connect this expression with sales, retail, hospitality, call centers, cashiers, and related occupations. Customer service is actually central to any industry and every profession. It is a dimension that companies use to differentiate themselves from their competitors. Regardless of where you are in your career, you will be expected to have good customer service skills.
This is an extensive client communication training program that focuses on customer service excellence and quality communication with focus on overcoming communication barriers. Due to globalization and the widespread reliance on technology the legal landscape is experiencing rapid change. Legal organizations are beginning to open practices and offices in other countries. It’s important for paralegal's to understand how important communication is to their careers. In order for paralegals to remain competitive they must ensure that they have a mix of technical and "soft skills". Some paralegals mistakenly assume that their technical ability or other skill sets will be their key to success, but without solid communication skills, the others become much less valuable. Technical skills are what gets you the job. Soft skills are what helps you to keep the job and grow in the paralegal career.
The following topics will be covered in this program:
- Discover how to adapt to diverse and difficult situations
- How to set high performance standards
- Provide hands-on guidance and feedback to team members
- Discover how to ask the difficult questions to properly assess why you and or others on your team do what you do.
- Organize for collaboration
- Understanding Cross-Cultural Issues
- Understanding Customer Service
- Coping with Angry Customers
- Working with Customers with Disabilities
- Listening Actively
- Negotiating Effectively
- Become a servant leader. An expert paralegal is a servant leader. A servent leader (paralegal) serves constituents (lawyers) by working on their behalf to help them achieve their goals, not their own goals.
- Select a new language to learn
- Basic Paralegal On-line Program: Legal Technology
- Intermediate Paralegal Program: Legal Case Management
- Live Sessions
- Access to recordings of live sessions
- On-demand presentations
- On-line textbook
- Virtual law office simulation
- College level Business Communications course
Upcoming Session Date
Date: May 8, 2018
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Time: 5:30pm - 7:30pm PST
Expert Paralegal Certification: College Accelerator
Take your paralegal career to a whole new level with the Expert Paralegal certification. The certificates that you will earn after successfully completing each program is not the same as the certification. The certification is earned by individuals that want to set themselves apart in their careers by earning a one of a kind certification by earning college level business credits.
Ask about an installment plan. Cancellation Policy: If you cancel before the 2nd live session no further payment is required and you keep access to the Introduction to Six Sigma for Paralegals and the Introduction to Six Sigma Legal Case Management on-demand courses.
Program Price: $279
Regular Program Price: $999